NanoViricides (NNVC) Stock Could Be The Next Big Win In COVID-19 And Beyond
[Alpha Stock News]
NanoViricides Inc (NYSEAMERICAN: NNVC) recently caught my attention as a potential big win in the COVID-19 space. The small biotech is up to big things that could just be key in the fight against the virus causing the pandemic. However, this is no one-trick pony, even when covid is under control or eradicated, there’s plenty of value in the company’s tech.
What’s The Story Behind NNVC Stock?
Founded in 2005, NanoViricides has been working for more than a decade to develop antiviral treatments that are like nothing on the market today. The treatment candidates being developed are all centered around the company’s nanoviricide technology.
So, what are nanoviricides? They’re an antiviral technology that attacks virus-infected cells in an entirely new way, one in which drug resistance is highly unlikely even as a virus mutates.
Importantly, a nanoviricide looks just like a human cell to viruses. These nanoviricides are large enough for viral particles to latch on to them while being small enough to circulate through the human body. Once a virus particle does decide to latch on, the virus particle does not need to enter the nanoviricide. Instead, the antiviral technology wraps around the particle, encapsulates it, and destroys it.
Obvious Indications In The Current COVID-19 Pandemic
Given how effective the method of treating viral infections that’s being developed by NNVC is proving to be, there is an obvious connection between the work that the company is doing and the potential to use its technology to treat SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
As mentioned above, it is believed that nanoviricides will attract virus particles in novel coronavirus patients. Once attracted, the treatment is expected to wrap around these particles and begin to destroy them. Of course, this opens the door to several key advantages ahead:
- Speed To Market – In general biotechnologies take millions of dollars to develop and years to make it from candidate to commercialization. However, the world is in a panic, looking for options to treat COVID-19, pushing regulatory authorities to move quickly, funds to be available to speed up development, and other benefits to those working in the space. With a potential COVID-19 treatment, NNVC could see its nanoviricides reach the market relatively quickly.
- Potential Funding – The COVID-19 pandemic is leading to a flood of funds being provided by both public and private agencies in an attempt fight the pandemic back. As a result, NanoViricides may be the beneficiary of one or more of many financial programs that we’re seeing hit the tape.
- Revenue – Of course, should the company bring its nanoviricides to market, the move would likely generate significant revenue. After all, with the novel coronavirus claiming the lives of so many victims, demand for a treatment is incredibly high.
Moreoveer, the company just released news announcing that it has developed to nanovericides that have proven to be effective against the coronavirus. Read the news here.
NanoViricides Beyond COVID-19
The COVID-19 space is a hot one at the moment, and for good reason. The pandemic is changing the shape of life as we know it, with social distancing leading to increasing uncomfort in an overwhelmngly social society.
The good news is that COVID-19 is not something that’s likely to be around forever. Of course, it’s the hot topic in the investing space, but in time, those who rely solely on work in the space will likely fall flat. The good news is that NNVC is far from a one-trick pony.
The company’s nanoviricides are expected to be effective in a wide range of indications. First of these is the Company’s HerpeCide™ program.
Some of these indications include both injectible and oral influenza drugs that are expected to be effective regardless of mutations. The company is also working on options to treat HIV, dengue, shingles and other ailments.
So, should the company hit it big in COVID-19, it will only act as a runway to bring other highly valuable treatments to market. So, just how valuable can this be?
The Market Potential Is Incredible
With its nanoviricides, NNVC is embarking on several incredibly valuable markets. Just take a look below:
- COVID-19 – To date, the market size has yet to be determined here, but I would imagine that the treatment market for the novel coronavirus is in the billions.
- HIV – The HIV treatment market is expected to grow to be worth more than $40 billion annually by the year 2026.
- Influenza – The influenza treatment market is expected to grow to be worth more than $1 billion annually by the year 2026.
- Dengue – The market that surrounds the treatment of dengue is expected to grow to be worth nearly $4 billion annually by 2025.
- Shingles – It is expected that the Shingles market will grow to be worth more than $1 billion annually in the near term.
The bottom line is that if NNVC is successful in any of the many indications that it is attacking with its nanoviricides, the market potential would be incredible.
The bottom line here is simple. NanoViricides is a stock that should be on your watch list. In today’s environment, antiviral treatments are losing efficacy as viruses become more resistant to drugs available on the market. With the company’s nanoviricide technology, this drug resistance may be a thing of the past.
With multiple candidates being assessed in multiple high value indications, including COVID-19, shingles, influenza, HIV and others, there are several catalysts ahead, making NNVC a stock that’s hard to ignore.
By Joshua Rodriguez